Sunday, February 20, 2011

FINALLY THE DAY HAS COME!!!

I HAVE OFFICIALLY BEEN ACCEPTED INTO THE DIXIE STATE COLLEGE DENTAL HYGIENE PROGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been working very hard for this (since 2003 minus a couple years of child bearing) and although this is only the first step of a 2 year long road ahead... I feel so great to know that this day has fianlly come! Most of you know that my mom has some pull being the director of the DH program but we can both proudly say that I did this on my own! I worked my butt off to make sure that I could earn this privilage myslef and after 6 years of night classes (even having to retake a few to get better grades) and juggling it with being a full time I am on cloud 9 knowing that it was all worth the sacrifices that were made! I have always felt strongly that this is what I need to do and in a couple more years I will be able to finally check this off my list of lifelong dreams/goals... Thanks to my family and amazing husband for supporting me in this- I will need lots more of it the next couple years to come! I am super excited to start this new journey!
Oh and PS if you didnt already know, we are also building a new home in LaVerkin(yes I know) we are doing about 70 percent of the labor ourselves along with helping build 6 other homes on our street and although it is alot of hard work I cant wait to finally own our own beautiful home! It has been alot of fun designing, picking out colors, and dreaming while making plans for the future! I will post some pics of our progress, I am REALLY hoping to be done and moved in by the end of the summer (before school begins in August). With the rate we are goin at now it definatly seams do-able! So heres to a whole new set of adventures this year!!!

6 comments:

Laura Edwards said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura Edwards said...

CONGRATS!! That is awesome! I know you have all been working towards this for a long time. What a relief and an excitement. And yes, please post progress pictures of your new home! Love you guys!

Kevin, Rachel & Claire said...

Good Job Kelli! I am so proud of you. Keep up all your hard work and I know you will do great!

Unknown said...

Awesome Kelli! So happy for you! We miss you guys tonz! Hope to be able to see you all soon!

Gwendolyn Fullmer said...

Hurray for you!!! I know you have worked and sacrificed so much for this. You are amazing and now you really get to shine. Congratulations on your achievements! You really are Mrs. Incredible, and lucky me I get to call you best friend. :)

Ina said...

Congratulations, Kelli, on your many accomplishments in school, building your home, and being a wonderful mother and wife. You have much to be proud of, may your dream continue to come true. I love my extended family. Thank you for being part of it!