Monday, August 23, 2010

"This is not the life I planned... Its better"!!


Happy 6 year anniversary to the love of my life and father to our 2 beautiful children!! It seams like not that long ago we were staying up to 3 in the morning talking, laughing, and anticipating starting our new life together! I never saw my self following the typical "mormon girl" time line and getting married at 19, I always had a plan to get through school first and if you ask any of my high school friends that knew me well I was the last person they thought would take the plunge first! But man was it worth it! My life has been absolutely amazing ever since! We have had our ups and downs like eveyone in life usually does.. but I feel as though I could not have picked a better companion to go through these things with. He is such a wonderful, kind, understaning husband (there are not many out there that could put up with me:) and to see him with our children is pure joy! We have had some pretty awesome anniversary weekends, from hotel honey moon suites and fancy nights out to a romantic weekend at a little cowboy cabin on a secluded buffaloe ranch outside of Zions... this year I decided to keep it simple and focus on US and the life we have shared together and continue to share. I dropped the kids off at my sweet moms house, got take out (2 pounds of snow crab... yummm) and we headed up to the family pinevalley cabin and had a cozy romantic picnic on the floor with candle light and a little michael bubble. I made a video of the two of us from pics over the last 6 years (compliments of my amazing MAC) and we went on a walk holding hands, danced together, and talked of the past- first impressions- and about our future plans, goals and dreams together. So simple and yet so wonderful at the same time I loved every minute of it and it was nice to be that couple we were 6 years ago when life was just all about us! I feel so blessed that I have the rest of eternity with this incredible man!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

miss you guys so much! Did you steal your title from me? ha ha.
Glad your back to blogging it's nice for us when we are so far away.

... said...

That is so freaking cute! What a great idea to just be alone together and talk. Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

So Sweet! Happy Anniversary! You 2 are amazing

R. Jordan & Whitney Layne said...

what a great idea!! happy anniversary!

djzmcallister said...

You are way to nice :-) thank you. I sent it to Pantene Pro-lengths and they only have a minimum of 8 in. there. I could not do 10 in. it was way too much, but I was going to do 8 in. and it ended up being just short of 10 in. so I guess I was just about there. Glad I did it but I miss my hair a little but I am glad I did it.

Unknown said...

of course I remember you! Thanks for the comment! Kellie does pretty cute work huh! ha. Your fam is adorable and congrats on 6 years...we will be there in 1 month! Time sure flies